Language Resident Name:
Day and Date:
Language and Level (intermediate or advanced class):
Class theme/topics discussed:
Where would you go after Corona?
Goal of the class:
To talk about travel plans and about different ways of traveling (moneywise, company, etc. )
How did you structure the class?
- Greetings, announcements, general questions.
- Activity 1: [all together] What is the most exotic place you have been to? Did you go there by yourself, or with other people? Why?
- Activity 2: [in groups of 3 in Break-Out Rooms] Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of traveling solo. Write down as many pros and cons as you can come up with.
- Activity 3: [all together]: sharing the results + the discussion. After that: there is a famous Ukrainian (and Russian) TV show about traveling called ‘Орёл и Решка’. It is about traveling, and there are two people in it. Why do you think the show is called that? Make predictions.
- Activity 4: [in pairs in Break-Out Rooms]: Watch the first 5 minutes of the TV show (Miami episode). Were you right about the main idea? Discuss the structure and key features.
- Activity 5: [in pairs in Break-Out Rooms] After we discussed the idea of the show together, students work in pairs. They should go to https://34travel.me/post/destinations2018 and get a random country. They flip the coin, and one student has to plan the trip to this country with $100, while the second has an unlimited amount of money.
- Activity 5: [all together] Student present their travel plans to everyone.
- Conclusion and a follow-up discussion.
What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
The class worked out well!
How could this class be improved/ modified?
I would leave it as it is.