Language Resident Name:
Day and Date:
Language and Level (intermediate or advanced class):
Class theme/topics discussed:
Goal of the class:
To talk about students’ hometowns, so they could make a virtual tour for everyone.
How did you structure the class?
- Greetings, announcements, general questions.
2. Activity 1: [all together] Are you in your hometown now? How does it feel going back home? Did you notice any changes in the city you grew up in, or is it you who has changed?
3. Activity 2: [in groups of 3 in Break-Out Rooms] Write down a list of locations that people usually associate with their hometowns (for example, this is my school, this is my grandparents’ house, where I eat my favorite ice-cream, etc.). Does this list seem to be similar to everyone?
4. Activity 3: [all together]: sharing the results + the discussion. After that: the LR opens Google Maps and shows the students her hometown. Navigating in the city, the LR gives the students a tour using as much vocabulary as possible related to location, movement, description, etc.
5. Activity 4: [in pairs in Break-Out Rooms]: The students should do the same: to show their classmates around their hometown with a guide-like narration.
6. Activity 5: [all together] Some of the students present their hometowns to everyone.
7. Conclusion and a follow-up discussion.
What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
Zoom, Google Maps
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
The class worked out great! I was very happy with the results and the atmosphere of it.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
I would leave it as it is.