- Language Resident Name: Hugo Briones Cáceres
- Day and Date: Monday, March 4th
- Language and Level: Spanish Conversation Intermediate
- Class theme/topics discussed:
- Goal of the class:
To come up with an innovative product and sell it
- How did you structure the class?
- Ice breaker: Students are asked to talk with a classmate about their weekends. Then, they share their anecdotes with the rest of the class.
- Activity 1: Individually, students are given a random object (a ruler, dvd case, pokemon cards) and are asked to come up with an innovative idea about said object. They sell this object creating their own campaigns to the rest of the class. The rest of the class prepare questions that the pair has to answer.
- What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
- What worked well in this class? What did not work?
Students were really creative and enthusiastic with the activity. They worked individually as we only have six students in class. Even though they had a lower level than the advanced class, they came up with great ideas and with very good grammar and vocabulary.
- How could this class be improved/ modified?
The class worked out excellent. This works pretty well in an advanced class too. If the class was bigger, it would be better to make students to work in pairs so they can talk with someone while coming up with their idea.