- Language Resident Name: Hugo Briones Cáceres
- Day and Date: Wednesday, February 20th
- Language and Level: Spanish Conversation Intermediate
- Class theme/topics discussed:
Connecting random topics
- Goal of the class:
To improvise conversation based on random topics
- How did you structure the class?
- Activity 1: In pairs, students come in front of the class. They have to choose two random topics from two pits on the table: one of them very simple (e.g.: “cheese”, “chocolate” or “pets”) and the other one complex (e.g.: “The Cold War” or “Plato’s Allegory of the Cave”). They have to start a conversation with the first topic and find a way to get to the other topic without forcing it.
- Activity 2: Following the same idea as before, students are assigned a different topic each. One of them starts talking about their topic. Then, when the time is right, someone else takes over the conversation with their topic and so on until everyone gets to speak.
- What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
- What worked well in this class? What did not work?
The class worked out quite well. Students had fun and were very creative on coming up with ways to connect the topics.
- How could this class be improved/ modified?
The class worked out pretty well.