- Language Resident Name: Hugo Briones Cáceres
- Day and Date: Thursday, February 7th
- Language and Level: Spanish Conversation Advanced
- Class theme/topics discussed:
- Goal of the class:
To have mini debates
- How did you structure the class?
- Class is divided in three groups, one consisting of two persons (the jury) and two big groups of four persons each. One topic is given, and both groups are playing against each other, whether it is for the statement or against it. Students present their arguments in 5 minutes and then the jury decides. Another statement is given to the students, this time a little more serious. Statements go from “Birkenstocks and socks are a good look” to more serious ones.
- What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
- What worked well in this class? What did not work?
The Activity worked out very well. Students were eager to debate even about “dumb” topics. It also gave an opportunity to discuss serious issues within American society. The format was really appreciated by students too.
- How could this class be improved/ modified?
The class worked very well.