Conversation Class Lesson Summary
Language Resident Name: Blanca Barranco Lafuente
Day and Date: 31st October
Language and Level (intermediate or advanced class): Spanish Advanced
Class theme/topics discussed: Halloween
Goal of the class:
- To know more about how Halloween is celebrated in Spanish regions
- To invent their own scary story
How did you structure the class?
- Warm up: Students are asked about how they celebrate Halloween to find out different possibilities. Students do a Kahoot quiz to prove how much they know about the origin of Halloween.
- Activity 1: I explain how Halloween is celebrated in Spain and, more specifically, how it is celebrated in my city, where one of Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer legends takes place. They do some comprehension activities about the legend.
- Activity 2: Students invent their own legend with the help of the story cubes.
- Activity 3: Students share their stories with the rest of the class and ask one or two questions to make sure that they understood it and that they were paying attention.
- Extra final activity: Speaking about Halloween customs, about the ones they liked the most so far and the one they will be wearing this year.
What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Story Cubes
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
- They created very original stories and they were really into it.
- The Kahoot quiz worked pretty well.