- Language Resident Name: Hugo Briones Cáceres
- Day and Date: Monday, November 26th
- Language and Level:Spanish Conversation Intermediate
- Class theme/topics discussed: Vocabulary, games, pop culture
- Goal of the class:
To play games to review and acquire new vocabulary
- How did you structure the class?
- Activity 1: with the help on an online webpage, students play a game of jeopardy to review and acquire new knowledge on vocabulary, grammar and pop culture.
- What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
Super Teacher’s Tools http://www.superteachertools.us/jeopardyx/jeopardy-review-game.php?gamefile=2522676#.W_Sf1C2ZOt8
- What worked well in this class? What did not work?
Even though I thought out the activity as an ice breaker, we ended up playing the game for the whole class. It helped to tackle some vocabulary and grammar doubts and to learn some interesting facts about pop culture. It is very important to follow up each question with some explanation or discussion in regards to students’ doubts.
- How could this class be improved/ modified?
The class worked out well.