- Language Resident Name: Hugo Briones Cáceres
- Day and Date: Monday, December 3th
- Language and Level:Spanish Conversation Intermediate
- Class theme/topics discussed: Jobs and Careers, Résumés
- Goal of the class:
To discuss and explain job related vocabulary
To create a résumé.
To go into job interviews.
- How did you structure the class?
- Warm up: Students are asked to discuss in pairs about their dream job and then to share this with the rest of the class.
- Activity 1: Using a handout, students get acquainted with a résumé in a Spanish speaking way. Vocabulary and structures are explained.
- Follow up 1: Students, using a template, are asked to complete a résumé with their own information.
- Activity 2: Students have one on one job interviews among themselves. They are asked to switch roles or partners every two minutes.
- What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
- What worked well in this class? What did not work?
The activity worked out well in class. However, not everything went as planned as students had plenty of vocabulary and structure questions. What interested them the most, were how names full name are composed in Spanish. This took us a long time and we ran out of time, but it was definitely very fruitful and entertaining for both parts.
- How could this class be improved/ modified?
The class worked out well. We ran out of time, but because of good reasons. What it is included in this lesson plans is what would work in a well timed class.