Language Resident Name: Mykyta Tyshchenko
Day and Date: Monday, 11.13.2017
Language and Level: Russian, Intermediate
Class theme/topics discussed: talking about campus life
Goal of the class: to learn how to describe student’s everyday life and campus activities, practice storytelling in writing
How did you structure the class?
- Greetings, announcements, general questions. – 5 min
- Brainstorming: what do people do on campus? The LR starts the game by throwing a ball to a student and naming an activity. The student that gets the ball has to pass the ball to the other student + add another activity. – 20 min
- Writing a diary entry: Students have to write a 7-sentence entrance to a diary about students’ life. Every student represents different year at college. – 15 min
- Talking about campus: Survey. (handout 1) – 15 min
- Wrap-up: Presentation of CCP project. – 5 min
What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
The idea of talking about relevant topics motivated students to be attentive and talkative. They discussed the ideas, the activities and possibilities on campus. The diary game was interesting to watch, because this is a very creative class, so they enjoyed writing and discussing the entries. And the entries also triggered discussion, because the students have different points of view on students’ life.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
If you have a more detailed lesson plan, please attach it below (OK to use target language for that). Please attach any handouts as well.
|В каком колледже ты учишься?|
|Какое место на кампусе тебе нравится больше всего? Почему?|
|Какое место на кампусе тебе не нравится? Почему?|
|Где ты проводишь больше всего времени?|
|Где тебе больше всего нравится работать?|
|Какая столовая тебе нравится больше всего? Почему?|