Language Resident Name: Mykyta Tyshchenko
Day and Date: 10.31.2017
Language and Level: Russian, Advanced
Class theme/topics discussed: art and art appreciation
Goal of the class: work on argumentation and description using painting
How did you structure the class?
- Greetings, general questions and discussions. – 5 min.
- Survey: students ask each other the questions from the survey. (handout 1) – 10 min.
- Warm-up: Name the picture – students have to name the titles of the famous Russian pictures. The goal is to guess or give the funniest name. – 10 min.
- Description: each student has to pick a picture from a tile and describe it to the audience. The other students should ask at least one question and then to guess the name of the picture. – 10 min.
- Role-play: Every student now picks a picture that he/she likes and pretends that he is the creator of the painting. The other students perform as critics as questions or criticize the works of art (the LR tells the critics whether they like or do not like the picture). – 10 min.
- Wrap-up: The slang test: the students and the LR go through the test about Russian slang together. https://meduza.io/quiz/haypanut-ili-dropnut-ponimaete-li-vy-podrostkov – 15 min.
What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
Handouts, laptop, tv, MEMO game
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
The class went well, students seemed to enjoy the roles they were given in the class. The activities motivated them to speak, ask questions and interact with each other and the LR. The slang test was a success too, because it is one of the biggest areas of interest of the students.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
I would dedicate less time to the slang test and make the students work as a group in this activity.
If you have a more detailed lesson plan, please attach it below (OK to use target language for that). Please attach any handouts as well.
|1.Тебе нравится искусство? Какой твой любимый вид? (архитектура, живопись, литература)|
|2. Тебе нравится ходить в музеи/галереи? Какой твой любимый музей/галерея?|
|3.У тебя есть любимый художник/
|4.Как ты считаешь, искусство нужно людям или нет?|
|5.Какой твой любимый жанр изобразительного искусства (fine art)? Какой жанр тебе не нравится?|