Language Resident Name: Hugo Briones Cáceres
Day and Date: Monday, November 13th
Language and Level (intermediate or advanced class): Spanish Conversation Intermediate
Class theme/topics discussed:
- Game with complicated/uncomfortable questions
Goal of the class:
- Come back to a class setting after the conversation projects by playing a game.
- Formulate questions and answers.
How did you structure the class?
- We discussed each other’s plans for the weekend and last weekend.
- Students are asked to write down an uncomfortable question and throw it onto the table. Then, taking turns, the students asked said questions randomly. Questions range from “What is your favorite dinning hall?” to “Who is your favorite person in the class?”.
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
We spent the whole class discussing the questions and answer. We had fun just chatting and telling anecdotes in regards to the questions. That shows that with very little prompts, a good conversation can be carried out during the whole class.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
Everything worked out quite well and the goal of converse in the target language was thoroughly achieved. We have to be cautious about the questions in some cases and give room for choice. The whole thing was quite lighthearted in this particular case though.