Language Resident Name:
Day and Date:
Language and Level (intermediate or advanced class):
Class theme/topics discussed:
Goal of the class:
Through this class, student will be able to talk about how Chinese people celebrate Spring Festival, and they will know more traditional culture about this festival. They will also learn to sing a Spring Festival song.
How did you structure the class?
- Q&A: Have you celebrated Spring Festival before? When and where? Do you know how people celebrate Spring Festival in China? Do you know which animal is used to represent this year? What’s the animal for your birth year?
- Group Discussion: work in pairs and look for the similarities and differences between SpringFestival and Christmas.
- The teacher use powerpoint to introduce some traditions that students don’t know.
- Listen to a song and write down the lyrics. Distribute the handouts to students. On the handouts are the lyrics of a Spring Festival song, but some words are missing. Students read the lyrics one by one. Teacher explains new words by using pictures. Afterwards, students listen to the music and write down those missing words. They check the words in pairs. Teacher shows the right words. Learn to sing these two songs with videos.
- Teacher uses a powerpoint to explain the rules of debate.
- Teacher shows a video about debate.
- Teacher introduces two questions for debate: ”Should parents take the red envelope from their children?”, “Should Chinese people celebrate foreign festivals?”
- Students are separated into four teams. Each question has two teams to debate, one is for positive point and the other is for negative point. Prepare for the debate.
- Debate time. When two teams are debating, the other two teams will be judgments to decide which team wins.
What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
Handouts, powerpoint, videos
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
Class was good. Almost all the students have experience of celebrating this festival. When we talked about the traditions, they shared many stories. They really like the music part. During the debates, students listened carefully to opposite team and responded to their questions. Both two debates were very intense. They had a lot of fun.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
If you have a more detailed lesson plan, please attach it below (OK to use target language for that). Please attach any handouts as well.
穿上 换 。
一对对 多 ，