Language Resident Name:
Day and Date:
Language and Level (intermediate or advanced class):
Class theme/topics discussed:
Goal of the class:
By the end of this class, students will know the types of Internet slang in China, understand the real meaning and way of using some popular slang, and talk about English Internet Slang and share their opinions about using slang in daily life.
How did you structure the class?
- Snap presentation. Today ‘s topic: Internet.
- Ask students to write down some Internet slang that they already knew, and explain the meanings to other students.
- Introduction to Internet slang: teacher uses PowerPoint to give an overview of Chinese Internet Slang, such as the types and origins of slang.
- Group work: Teacher prepares some sentences with slang and assigns them to different groups. Students work together to find out the real meanings of these sentences.
- Presentation: Every group gets a chance to explain their sentences in front of the class.
- Students continue working on the presentation: Every group gets a chance to explain their sentences in front of the class.
- Ask students about following questions: what are the common types of English Internet Slang or how do they usually form?
- Group work: To be an English teacher! Students pretend to be English teachers to the language resident. Every group prepares to explain two slangs to the LR in Chinese, and then they will stand in front of the white board and give their mini English slang classes.
- Group discussion. Discussing about following questions: Are the Internet Slang common in your life? Do you often use it? What about your students? What is your attitude towards it, positive or negative?
What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
The class went very well. The Internet slang is a very interesting topic because the language on the Internet is usually funning and creative. It helped students know a different aspect of the Chinese language. The English teaching activity is successful, too. It gave students a chance to review their first language, and they were very excited to become a teacher in class
How could this class be improved/ modified?
If you have a more detailed lesson plan, please attach it below (OK to use target language for that). Please attach any handouts as well.
1、英文字母： TMD 、pk、BGM