Conversation Class Lesson Summary
Language Resident Name: Tatiana Ermolaeva
Day and Date: Wednesday, 09/23/2015
Language and Level (intermediate or advanced class): Russian, Intermediate
Class theme/topics discussed: Daily routine
Goal of the class: to learn / remember the vocabulary for the daily routine
How did you structure the class?
1. Warm up. Look at the Handout 1 and say whether your everyday life is different.
2. Have a look at the words and expressions from Handout 2, add the words for the actions you do every day.
3. Describe your typical day.
4. Discussion: is there any difference between weekday and weekends?
What do you usually do at the weekends?
5. Fill in the handout “My day” in writing (Handout 3).
6. Watch the video on how the morning is different for boys and girls:
Share your impressions on the video.
What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
Handouts, laptop, internet, TV
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
The discussion went very well. Finally the students started using the full sentences, not just separate words. The video was definitely a success. I’ll try to find videos with not many words as they react better and don’t feel the pressure to understand every single word then.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
If you have a more detailed lesson plan, please attach it below (OK to use target language for that). Please attach any handouts as well.