Language Resident Name: Zehuang Cao (Johnson)
Day and Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Language and Level (intermediate or advanced class): Chinese Intermediate 011
Class theme/topics discussed: Travel in China
Goal of the class: Students will know how to plan travel in China in an effective way
How did you structure the class?
- Discuss what preparations you should make for travel in the US (Brainstorming);
- Invite some students to share their experience in travelling;
- Introduce how to plan travel in China: luggage (clothes, shoes, etc), documents (passport, visa, etc), travel itinerary (how to book flight tickets, how to book a hotel room), insurance for travel, money (cash, credit card), electronic devices (cellphone, iPad, MacBook, etc), contact details
- Recommend some tourist attractions in China;
- Work out your future travel plan in China.
What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
Students’ personal stories about travelling and my recommendations on some tourist attractions worked well in this class. Some of them are quite excited to visit China next summer.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
Some Chinese words about travel are difficult to intermediate learners, which I should explain more and translate into English next time.
If you have a more detailed lesson plan, please attach it below (OK to use target language for that). Please attach any handouts as well.
单程票 one way ticket
往返票 round trip tickets
直飞 direct flight
从place1 飞到place2, 在place2 转机，再从place2 到place3
行李领取处 luggage claim