Language and Section: German Intermediate Conversation
Class theme/topics discussed:
– My room
– Our dream house
Goal of the class:
– Being familiarized with all possible vocabulary related to houses, rooms, furniture, living, etc.
– Dative prepositions
– Using these words creatively
Structure of the class:
– We first did brainstorming: anything related to a house, room, apartment, flat, etc.
– I had drawn a blueprint of my room on the whiteboard
– I explained my room and what you find in it to the students, pointing at the drawing, using prepositions and the appropriate cases.
– Students were asked to draw their own room
– After that, each student showed the picture to the class and explained what is in their room and where is what
– Students had before received a list of vocabulary related to “My Room”
– We now took the same sheet and concentrated on the vocabulary lists on “My House” and “My Garden”
– We went through the words and made sure everyone understood
– Students were asked to get together in pairs and design their dream house
– The task also included the drawing of at least one room
– The house was supposed to also include a garden
What technology, media or props did you use? (satellite tv, internet resources, playmobiles, etc.)
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
All worked fine.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
It all took much longer than I thought. We could not finish the last task.