Intermediate German Conversation
Class theme/topics discussed: gaming and its dangers
Goal of the class: talk about gaming habit and discuss potential dangers
Structure of the class (unless you attach your lesson plan below):
– I asked students what kinds of games they liked to play
– I tried to make students talk about their favorite games and playing habits, present and past.
– What are the advantages of board games, what are those of computer games?
– I asked student about what they preferred. We also looked up videos on youtube which would give us an impression of the games students named. I also asked what exactly they liked about the respective games.
– We watched a 9 minute long video about computer games and their potential connection to violence and gunman incidents at school
– We discussed the topic and the very complicated and difficult implications
What technology, media or props did you use? (satellite tv, internet resources, playmobiles, etc.)
TV screen, computer, white board
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
Even though the discussion became pretty difficult and abstract, students did a very good job.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
The problem was that both students were not really computer game players so at certain points I was somewhat hanging and had to improvise to keep the class flowing. However, I think this is a danger due to a small class.