Advanced German Conversation
Class theme/topics discussed: German commercials
Goal of the class: watch commercials and understand what is being said, analysis of pictures and scenes
Structure of the class (unless you attach your lesson plan below):
– Activity 1: we watched several commercials from Germany. Students were supposed to find out what is being said, how it is said, and what means are used to convey the message
– We concentrated also a lot on stereotypes, gender roles, equality, and ethnic diversity.
– Students were encouraged to give their own opinion.
– Activity 2: Students were divided into 3 groups and each group got a piece of paper with a number on it
– Each number corresponded to an item (vacuum cleaner, hair drier, beer)
– Students were supposed to make a commercial on the items.
What technology, media or props did you use? (satellite tv, internet resources, playmobiles, etc.)
TV screen, internet, items
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
A perfect class!
How could this class be improved/ modified?