Lesson #1: Traveling
Date: October 9th 2013
The class level: Intermediate
Size of the class: 10 students
Class time: 1 hour
Overall Goal: Students interaction and trip vocab
– Review vocabulary connected to travelling and journeys
– Showing different Spanish regions and spots
– Practice commercial language: the awakening of senses.
– Establish their preferences when travelling
– Practice role-play and improvisation in the target language
Media/ supplies needed: handouts, video projector
Procedures and time needed:
Greetings + warm–up (5 min): Who doesn’t like traveling? How was their last trip and where?
Activity #1 Survey (20 min): They work in pairs One student is the interviewer and the other a potential client. By asking the questions in the questionnaire (see item 1), interviewers need to guess the kind of trip his/her classmate would like. Then, they have to find a destination and elaborate a touristic package. Both students ask questions and think of a destination for their partner. We share the information with the rest of the class
The rest of the activities are on this lesson plan ConClass1009Viajes