Language and Section: SPA 11.2
Class theme/topics discussed: Cinema vocabulary / Pitching
Goal of the class: To introduce vocabulary related to cinema and to have an interactive activity about it.
Structure of the class (unless you attach your lesson plan below):
– I introduced vocabulary about cinema, related to length, format, genre.
– We discussed 3D and Imax formats (this was unplanned, but the students wrere rather vocal about it)
– The students were paired up and they had to come up with a pitch for a movie to present to a studio executive using the vocabulary the had learned
What technology, media or props did you use? (satellite tv, internet resources, playmobiles, etc.)
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
– The class worked very well; both the prepared part and the impromptu discussion on formats were fruitful and very fluid.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
– A follow-up could be planned to introduce vocabulary related to other aspects of film making