Language and Section: German Advanced Conversation
Class theme/topics discussed:
– Political parties in Germany
Goal of the class:
– Spontaneous speech production
– Knowledge about political parties in Germany
Structure of the class:
– We started off with some weekend talk, this took longer because students were actually very engaged and talked to each other, asking questions, etc.
– We played a game: students had to grab a piece of paper from an envelope. They paired up and had three minutes to improvise a scene in which the concept/mood expressed on the paper would be represented
– The rest of the class guessed
– We started a talk about political parties in Germany
– Students grouped up again. One party each group.
– Students were supposed to find out their parties stance towards education, family affairs, economy, and environment; research was done with laptops and smartphones
What technology, media or props did you use?
Paper, envelopes, laptops, internet smartphones
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
All worked very well. In fact, I consider this one of my best classes so far.
How could this class be improved/ modified?