Famous French people
How did you pick this theme or topic?
Oftentimes students don’t know much about who’s famous in France so I thought it would be good for them to learn a little about it.
How did you present the material? (Handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
How did students react?
Well, they were really interested, we only did the first activity.
Did they engage with each other and you?
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
Please attach a copy.
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
Famous people in France
– On the board, we list all the famous people they know (sorting them out as sportifs, acteurs, chanteurs, politiques, divers
2) 1st activity
SP11 LP Interm 16 famous people
• Distribution of a sheet with a list of biographical facts on famous French people
• We all read
• Explanation of certain words
• They need to find the answer
3) 2nd activity
– I show some videos of famous people
– They need to find who they are
– Edith Piaf
– Gérard Depardieu
– Brigitte Bardot
– Louis de Funès
– Charles Aznavour
– Johnny Hallyday
– Serge Gainsbourg
– Georges Brassens
– Francis Cabrel