Spring Break + song “Plaire”
How did you pick this theme or topic?
After talking about food, I wanted to make them think about the idea of getting slim for someone else and to have them practice their comprehension skills.
How did you present the material? (Handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
Song with blanks
How did students react?
They reacted well
Did they engage with each other and you?
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
Please attach a copy.
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
1. Warm-up : Spring Break – 10 min
⇒ 5 min to talk about what they did for Spring break
⇒ 5 min to share with everyone
2. Song – 20 min
– They listen to it for the first time, without the handout.
→ Then, discussion to see what they understood, if they could pick up some words, the general ideas, who is singing…
– I give them the sheet with the lyrics with blanks
– They listen to the song again
→ need to fill in the blanks
– They can listen to it a third time if they feel like it
3. Vidéo – in pairs – 20 min
– They have to imagine a video clip – 10 min
– They tell the class – 5 min
– We watch the real video
4. Discussion générale – 10 min
– troubles alimentaires
→ quels troubles alimentaires connaissent-ils ?
→ comment se manifestent-ils ?
→ pourquoi certaines personnes ont-elles des troubles alimentaires ?
→ connaissent-ils quelqu’un qui a eu des troubles alimentaires ?
→ qu’en pensent-ils ?
⇒ est-ce courant de vouloir maigrir pour plaire ?
⇒ pourquoi ?
⇒ qui est à l’origine de cette obsession de la minceur ?
⇒ quelles personnes célèbres sont vraiment maigres ?