How did you pick this theme or topic?
Second class, so I wasn’t sure whether there would be more or less students, I didn’t want to start doing something with students who might drop the class the following week, or who might not be enrolled yet.
I also wanted them to know each other better.
How did you present the material? (Handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
Chart to fill out with names
How did students react?
They were really talkative and reacted very well, moving around the classroom and asking questions to each other. They had so much to say about it that we didn’t have time to do the second game I had planned.
Did they engage with each other and you?
Yes, they were willing to talk and seemed to enjoy being able to do so. I didn’t have to push them.
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
Handout with the chart they had to fill out
Please attach a copy.
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
Yes, it was nice getting to know them more.
1. Explain the game: the students need to fill out the chart with as many names as they can in the allotted time
2. Leave them 10 minutes to do so
3. Discussion about the results: who got the most names? Who has been to France, where, when? … 15 min
4. 2nd game: 2 truths and a lie – 30 min
• explain the rules: they need to tell two truths and a lie and the other students need to find which sentence is the lie.