Language and Section: SPA 13.2
Class theme/topics discussed: Love and love terminology
Goal of the class: To introduce vocabulary related to relationships and love, to use the topic of love as a springboard for discussion.
Structure of the class (unless you attach your lesson plan below):
– Warm-up: Brief discussion on Karaoke Night (5-10 mins.)
– Introduction of vocabulary: (20 mins) I will write and explain phrases and terms common when discussing love / relationships in Uruguay. The students will be paired up and will have a brief time to create a dialogue that uses the terms. Terms to be introduced:
– Te Quiero / Te Amo
– Estar con alguien
– Estar enganchado con alguien
– Tener un roce / tener derecho a roce
– Hacer un levante
– Hacer un trabajo fino
– Discussion on Love (30 mins): We will listen to two songs by Argentinian singers showing different views on Love: one that shows love as the “essence of souls” and the most important part of existence; another that states “one cannot live off love”. We will discuss these ideas and the students will state with which they agree the most. Songs: “Al Amor Después del Amor”, de Fito Páez; “No se Puede Vivir del Amor”, de Andrés Calamaro
What technology, media or props did you use? (satellite tv, internet resources, playmobiles, etc.)
Whiteboard, computer, youtube videos of songs, TV.
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
The class worked very well; the students were engaged and participated a lot. The songs specially motivated discussion, since they showed very different views on love. The students loved talking about different relationships and some even spoke about their own romantic history.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
Please attach your lesson plan and handouts for this class below – if you used any.
No se puede vivir del Amor – Youtube