Language and Section: German Intermediate
Date: Sep 13th 2011
Class theme/topics discussed: Job interview in Germany
Goal of the class: job related vocabulary, German CV, fluency
Structure of the class (unless you attach your lesson plan below):
1) Warm up: German song “Fliegerlied” + dance with the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS8YQK6x9BM
2) Review vocabulary: Application, to apply, interview, interviewer, CV
3) Differences in German and US CV’s
4) Role play: Job interview
- Deciding together for which job applicants should apply and who are the applicants and interviewers
- The job candidates fill out a CV, the interviewers think about questions they want to ask the applicants
- Doing the interviews
What technology, media or props did you use? (satellite tv, internet resources, playmobiles, etc.) Computer, Internet, TV for the song
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
Worked very well, my students seemed to enjoy it very much
How could this class be improved/ modified?
- I only had 5 students, so I had 3 job candidates and 2 interviewers. Had the interviews one after another. If you have more students, it might be better to have different groups of interviewers
Please attach your lesson plan and handouts for this class below – if you used any.