Class theme/topics discussed:
April’s Fool Day
How did you pick this theme or topic?
Related to the day of class.
How did you present the material? (handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
Handouts, general discussion.
How did students react?
It’s not the most exciting class, but it is still useful ☺
Did they engage with each other and you
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
Articles: Lesson 20_April 1_Fool_s Day
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
Yes, but I would add some fun activities as well.
Why or why not?
The text is interesting and challenging for the students, but it should be accompanied by an activity encouraging speaking.
April 1, 2010
1. News of the day.
What day is it today? What’s special about it?
3. Reading the text, translating.
4. Are there any traditional jokes in the US for this day? What usually school kids do on the first of April?
5. Russian “jokes”: а у вас коленки сзади грязные/ спина белая…
Expression of the day: Первое апреля – никому не верю!
6. Do you remember any global jokes on the Fool’s Day in the media?
7. Reading examples from the handout.