Class theme/topics discussed:
Fuck My Life
How did you pick this theme or topic?
Anastasia gave me this idea for advanced class. She told me FML was so much fun to discuss.
How did you present the material? (handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
1) Asked students meaning of “Fuck My Life” in Japanese
2) I gave them the translation for it. 『死ぬかと思った』
3) Let students explain the meaning of “I agree, your life sucks” “you totally deserved it”
4) Students picked up a slight of paper
5) Students need to summarize the sentence what they said on it.
6) We discussed why you agreed or not.
How did students react?
They enjoyed doing FML and they discussed a lot the topics which they chose. Actually, I really enjoyed doing FML!
Did they engage with each other and you?
Yes, they engaged very well. We laughed a lot with the topics that we shered.
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
『Fuck My Life』 http://www.fmylife.com/tops/flop
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
Why or why not?
Everybody already knew this website! Once I said the word “Fuck My Life”, they started laughing at what I said in English. They tried to translate to English to Japanese, and also their own summaries and translations for “fuck my life” story were very hilarious. We laughed a lot and discuss a lot about the topics. It was good excises to explain the material and discuss our opinion. Time flew very fast today! Also, that was good vocabs and phrase lesson!