Class theme/topics discussed:
How did you pick this theme or topic?
Previous semester materials.
How did you present the material? (handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
Playing the song with the video on the screen, handouts.
How did students react?
They always enjoy songs in class..
Did they engage with each other and you?
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
Laptop, TV, Internet (Youtube.com).
Please attach a copy. See below.
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
Why or why not?
It is both entertaining and educating, so it provides high motivation and interest in the task.
September 16, 2010
Найк Борзов. Лошадка
1. I introduce the song saying that this song was released several years ago and that to be allowed to put the song on the radio they had to remove one word from it. We will try to guess what this word is. + explain the slang meaning of the title
2. Students listen to the song without the transcript, then we discuss what they understood, what the possible story is, etc.
3. They get the transcript with the words missing; the song is played twice.
Lesson 6_Sept 16_Лошадка
4. We read out the text in turns and translate it.
5. Students try to guess what word was removed from the song on the radio and why.
6. Students share their impressions on the song.