Class theme/topics discussed:
Phraseology to describe people
How did you pick this theme or topic? n/a
How did you present the material? (handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
Handouts, general discussion.
How did students react?
They were surprised to see the anecdotes ☺
Did they engage with each other and you?
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
Please attach a copy. – see below
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
Why or why not?
Introduces students to more advanced vocabulary.
October 21, 2010
2. Warm-up: retelling anecdotes from the Internet Lesson 16_Oct 21_Stories
3. Vocabulary Practice: Phraseology:
Lesson 16_Oct 21_Phraseology
– students first look only at the pictures and try to guess in which context these expressions are used and what meaning thy imply.
– Then they look at the explanations on top of the page and match them with the pictures.
4. Discussion: are there any similar English expressions?