How did you pick this theme or topic?
It was the end of the 2nd week, I figured they might feel a bit down so I decided to play a game to do something fun with them.
How did you present the material? (Handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
How did students react?
They reacted well and I think they liked changing details and then laughing about them with their class mates, but while playing, I had some trouble keeping everyone going at the same rhythm (some were faster or slower than others to tell stories and take notes).
They also loved the video about the little French girl!
Did they engage with each other and you?
They engaged with each other since they had to tell the stories to each other.
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
Sheets of paper
Please attach a copy.
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
Yes, but I would time them and make them switch more rapidly to keep a good pace and prevent the faster ones from getting bored and waiting.
1. Expression – 5 min
2. Gossip – 40 min
• Les étudiants se mettent en paire
• 1 etudiant de chaque paire écrit 5 phrases à propos de ce qu’il/elle a fait cet été
• Puis, il se tourne vers son camarade et lui raconte ces 5 phrases. Le camarade prend des notes
• Puis, le partenaire change un détail (mot, lieu, personne) et le raconte à son autre camarade de gauche ou droite
• Le jeu se termine quand toutes les histoires ont fait le tour
• Puis chacun partage la dernière histoire qu’il a entendu
• la personne concernée doit raconter la vraie histoire
• tout le monde discute de laquelle est la plus drole
3. Video capucine – 5 min