How did you pick this theme or topic?
Stereotypes always work with students because they usually have many things to say.
How did you present the material? (Handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
How did students react?
Did they engage with each other and you?
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
Please attach a copy.
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
French and American stereotypes
1. Warm-up 5 min
1. Write the first thing that comes to your mind when someone says:
étudiant de Pomona / Pitzer / Scripps / CMC / HMC
2. Interviews in pairs
– What are the French stereotypes for them?
– What are the American stereotypes for them?
– Do you know other country stereotypes?
→ group discussion
⇒ Have you ever experienced stereotyping in France or abroad?
3. Youtube video
Equipes de 3
– je lis les 10 stereotypes, l’equipe qui repond en premier gagne un point
– chacun doit ecrire une definition d’un stereotype sur un bout de papier, je les collecte tous, puis je lis les papiers et l’equipe qui repond en premier gagne un point.