Class theme/topics discussed:
How did you pick this theme or topic?
Students usually do travel a lot and it’s an interesting topic for them to learn useful words that related to this activity.
How did you present the material? (handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
Handout, Group work, pair work
How did students react?
It’s really changeling for them to figure out all the task however, they really enjoy the challenge.
Did they engage with each other and you?
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
Please attach a copy.
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
Why or why not?
Students found it is quite useful for them to learn all the vocabularies, especially with the train, subway and long-distance bus.
Vehicles name in Chinese
Finish up the question sheet
Use google earth to record group’s tour according to the group assignment from previous class
Under “layer”, choose borders and labels, places, panoramio photos, roads, 3D buildings, ocean, street view, gallery.
“Shift” to change the point of view.
Time line can help to view locations from different time periods.
By double clicking the red button with 360 on it can lead you view 360 sightseeing, which can be also recorded in the video. However, the 360 video quality is a little bit blurry.
1. Make placemarks on both your destinations and starting place. Save your placemarks under “my place” file/”sightseeing”.
2. Make a video tour of your group, including both starting place and destinations. Record your group tour.
3. Press “Save” after recording can save your work in the google earth.
* You may want to make a very quick test video before doing the whole group task.
1. Each group needs to finish tour video according to the form filled in the previous class.
2. Each member from a group needs to make statement in the video.
3. Video content should include but is not limited to:
Statement of start place, destination.
At least 3 sightseeing statement of the destination, which can includes: the location, ways to get there, personal experience about the location, description of the place, people of the location, local culture, etc.
After finishing the task, feel free to explore more on google earth to find other photos, videos, 360 view and other stuff to explore your destination. Ask me or your classmates if you have questions.
Talk in Chinese!