Class theme/topics discussed:
Preferences in Movies. Latest Russian Movies.
How did you pick this theme or topic? From the questionnaire distributed at the beginning of the semester
How did you present the material? (handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
Handouts, general discussion.
How did students react? They enjoyed the class.
Did they engage with each other and you?
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
Handouts, TV, laptop, youtube.com
Please attach a copy. Handout from : «В пути», p. 327.
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
Why or why not?
Students can learn smth about modern Russian cinematography and decide what movie they would like to see. Plus, the topic is encouraging conversation.
1. Warm-up: ask students what movies they have seen recently, why they decided to see these particular ones, whether they liked them or not, etc.
2. Handout: looking through the words (Genres of movies). Ask students about their preferences in genres.
3. Watching trailer for the latest Russian movies anddiscussing them.
Which one seems to be the most interesting for you? Rate the movies.
Guess what’s the story of the movie.
– Похороните меня за плинтусом: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbkOAqcQJWk
– Апельсиновый сок: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O10l7MS_KjQ&feature=related
– Царь: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJljucjxUys
– Сказка про темноту: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo_z_zP24h4