Cooking utensils – introducing the project
How did you pick this theme or topic?
Doing a project on cooking actually requires a lot of background vocabulary, and I realized that we had not seen the cooking utensils which are very important when one wants to understand a recipe in order to do it.
How did you present the material? (Handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
How did students react?
They reacted very well, they were still interested in the cooking topic.
Did they engage with each other and you?
Yes they worked in pairs or small groups so they had to engage with each other.
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
Please attach a copy.
Below is the lesson plan
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
2. Cooking utensils
– They need to match the words with the pictures: use this website
– What can we cook with those utensils?
3. Imaginary dish
– Work in groups of two or three
– Need to choose a dish they can all cook
– Need to explain to the other group how they do it
4. Taboo type of Game
– They each have to write words related to cooking on slips of paper
– We mix up the papers
– Then, each of them takes one and has to make the others guess what this word is
– Repeat it till there is no more papers