Project in the FLRC
How did you pick this theme or topic?
The students wanted to do a project on cooking, so before cooking and doing a comic strip about it with ComicLife, we had to find recipes first in English so we could translate them later.
How did you present the material? (Handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
They all worked on computers
How did students react?
They reacted well, I think that they enjoyed working on computers and being able to come up with the recipes they had chosen.
Did they engage with each other and you?
They engaged with the others and me when they had to explain why they wanted to do this recipe and had to convince the others to vote for their recipes.
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
FLRC (very) Smart board
Please attach a copy.
Below is the lesson plan
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
1. Personal selection
– Each student needs to select 3 french dishes (1 entrée, 1 plat principal, 1 dessert)
– They need to find a photo of the dish
– They have to create a page with the recipes and photos with Pages
– They need to write the names of the dishes they chose on the board
– They need to say why they want to do them
– They need to agree on three dishes fulfilling those conditions:
– Not too hard, not too long, not too expensive (we will cook the entrée and dessert but with a budget of 25$ max)