Language Resident Name: Tatiana Ermolaeva
Day and Date: Thursday, 01/21/2016
Language and Level (intermediate or advanced class): Russian, Advanced
Class theme/topics discussed: Social Networks in Russia
Goal of the class: to introduce social networks used in Russia; discuss advantages and disadvantages of social networks in the world in general
How did you structure the class?
1. Warm up. First time the students just listen to the “song” and try to find out what is going on in the video. For the second time they watch it and should be able to guess what we’re going to discuss. http://rutube.ru/video/4fd7c75ec003c5b2f7de3b9da2e985ae/
2. Quick discussion:
What social networks popular in Russia do you know?
Do you have an account in any of them? Are you an active user there? What do you use it for? (example, talking to Russian friends, following the events in Russia, sharing your photos with Russian friends)
3. Introduction of the Russian social networks. And I also show to the students how the pages at different social networks look like.
4. Discussion: advantages and disadvantages of using social networks.
Students write statements on the board in two columns, then we discuss it together.
5. Wrap up. Video about internet and social networks from a famous Russian comedian:
6. Conversation Class Agreement.
What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
The lesson went very well! The students seemed to be really interested in the topic and they were very engaging during the conversation. Both videos worked great.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
If you have a more detailed lesson plan, please attach it below (OK to use target language for that). Please attach any handouts as well.
CC RUS13 Summary 2