Language Resident Name:
Day and Date:
Language and Level (intermediate or advanced class):
Class theme/topics discussed:
Chinese TV series
Goal of the class:
By the end of this class, students will be able to:
- describe the scene in TV series;
- make a story and some dialogs according to the scene from the TV series.
How did you structure the class?
- Students work in pairs. The teacher plays the TV series without sound. In each group, only one student can watch it, so they need to describe the scene to their partners at the same time. Every minutes students change their position so that everyone has a chance to describe.
- Students’ feedback: After showing the series, ask students some questions, like “How many roles are there”, “What’s the relationship between them”.
- Show the series without sound again, and let students make a story and some dialogs for it. Students show their stories in pairs.
- Show the series with sound and explain the new words in the video.
- Discuss about the project.
What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
Show the first seven minutes of this video on class:
Video for intermediate class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZxCKADsHWA
Video for advanced class : http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTUwMDk4NjIw.html?from=y1.6-18.104.22.168f94b860cc6411e49e2a
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
Class went very well, students are active to make stories and dialogs with imagination.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
If you have a more detailed lesson plan, please attach it below (OK to use target language for that).