Language Resident Name:
Day and Date:
Language and Level (intermediate or advanced class):
Class theme/topics discussed:
China’s one-child policy
Goal of the class:
By the end of this class, students will be able to discuss the advantages and disadvantages about the one-child policy, and express their own opinions about the new policy.
How did you structure the class?
- Background: discuss the reason for carrying on this policy, think of other solutions for Chinese population problem.
- Advantages & Disadvantages:
- Watch a video, which is an interview about some Chinese people’s opinions about this policy and discuss what advantages and disadvantages have been mentioned in the video;
- Talk about the present society issues which were brought by one-child policy, such as the aging population, abandoned girls and spoiling children.
- New policy: Discuss the reason why the government ends the one-child policy and introduces a new policy, do you think the new policy will solve China’s present problems.
What technology, media or props did you use? (internet resources, playmobiles, handouts, etc.)
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
Class went very well. Students were all engaged and they came up with a lot of new topics and questions to discuss.
How could this class be improved/ modified?
If you have a more detailed lesson plan, please attach it below (OK to use target language for that).
11/03 Conversation Class (Advanced)
1、独生子女政策/计划生育政策 n. one-child policy
政策 n. policy
2、实施 bring something into effect 实施政策
3、少数民族 n. ethnic minority
4、农村 n. countryside
5、大陆 n. mainland
6、失衡 out od balance 男女比例失衡
7、养 v. raise 养孩子、养狗
9、人口老龄化 aged tendency of population
10、发展 v./n. develop/development 发展中国家developing country 发达国家 developed country
11、人性 n. humanity
12、同龄人 n. contemporary