Advanced German Conversation
Class theme/topics discussed: politics in Germany
Goal of the class: learn about political parties, colors, governmental system, etc.
Structure of the class (unless you attach your lesson plan below):
– Students were shown the “colors” of the four major political parties
– They were asked about what associations they had with the color and what it could stand for.
– Class was divided into 4 groups: each group got a color
– Task: what political agenda do you associate with the color, how would you call your party, what would your ideology be like?
– Students presented their parties to the class
– “solution”: I informed students about the parties and where their party program coincided with the actual one.
– Final activity: We watched the campaign TV commercials of the parties
– Students were asked about the mood, the way they were made, and the message they conveyed. Which one is most appealing to you and why
What technology, media or props did you use? (satellite tv, internet resources, playmobiles, etc.)
White board, TV screen, computer
What worked well in this class? What did not work?
Students seem to be quite happy about the topic politics so the class went pretty well.
How could this class be improved/ modified?