How did you pick this theme or topic?
I wanted to do something related to Valentine’s Day.
How did you present the material? (Handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
How did students react?
Well. I think they liked creating their character for the speed dating game, and also writing a short poem.
Did they engage with each other and you?
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
Please attach a copy.
Below is the plan I had with me in class
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
1. Speed dating game – 30 min
• Explain the game
• Create a new identity – 15 min
• Speed dating – 10 min (2 x 5 min)
• Results – 5 min
2. Writing a valentine’s poem – 30 min
SP11 LP Interm 9 poem
• Read together a poem – 5 min
• Analyze it (how many syllables? Rhymes? metaphors, comparisons, symbols, etc…) – 10 min
• In pairs: I give them a picture of a French person
• Give them examples of sentences to use
• They have to write their own stanza to this person – 10 min
• We share – 5 min