How did you pick this theme or topic?
There is a lot of activities to be done on this topic – and there is so much vocabulary that I think it’s good for students to practice it in various situations and exercises.
How did you present the material? (Handouts, group work, general discussion, student presentations, etc.)
Handouts – match the words and the images (3 pages)
Discussion about clothes
How did students react?
They reacted well. I think they liked the drawing game because it was the most interactive activity of the lesson – they had to produce sentences, and not only words.
Did they engage with each other and you?
Yes. They had to ask questions to each other and also to me about vocabulary.
What materials or media did you use? (articles, satellite tv, digital projector, etc.)
Pictures from magazines or the internet
Please attach a copy.
Below is the plan I had with me in class.
Would you recommend this activity for a future class?
Yes, I think it was good for their vocabulary.
1. Warm-up – 5 min
2. Vocabulaire – 15 min
– fill out the three pages
– correct it
3. Description physique – 10 min
– Décrire comment le voisin est habillé
– decrire comment ils s’habilleraient s’ils allaient a la mer, a la montagne, a une fete, en cours, faire du sport, a un rendez-vous
4. Partenaire ideal – 10 min
5. Portrait robot – 15 min
– doivent décrire la photo et l’autre doit poser des questions et dessiner sur le tableau
Poser des questions sur…
– les yeux
– les cheveux
– le nez
– la forme du visage
– a-t-il une barbe, moustache… ?
– un accessoire ?
6. Projet – 5/10 min